‘Women’s Health In the North (WHIN) is committed to improving the health, safety and wellbeing of women and gender diverse people.’Helen Riseborough, Chief Executive Officer
WHIN is the women’s health promotion and advocacy organisation for the northern metropolitan region of Melbourne (NMR).
- run for and by women and gender-diverse people
- provide health information and education to women and organisations
- develop policy and research
- create innovative resources
- train health and welfare professionals
- support and partner with other organisations on issues of strategic importance.
We support women’s health in the northern metropolitan region (NMR) of Melbourne. The NMR’s population is increasing rapidly in the growth corridors extending through Hume and Whittlesea.
- Our region’s suburbs are diverse in ethnicity, socio-economic status and infrastructure.
- Over 41 percent of females living in WHIN’s region speak a language other than English at home.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians number 6,396 individuals (0.7%) of the NMR population, 51.9% of whom are female (Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2016, ABS Table Builder).
A history of 25 years of WHIN, celebrating the work and achievements of our organisation.